Leisa Reichet in her workshop (of which i lost the first 30 minutes) talked about ways to improve productivity while planning a new web experience.
Nothing new, but it was a good idea splitting the attendands in several group and ask them to work together.
Even if the workshop lasted for 3 hours, however, many arguments where just drafted.
Some notes taken while not brainstorming with my group:
- build collaboration into your project methodology – collaborate with your project team
- collaborate with your peers (people who do the same thing as you) and invite other expert perspectives
- consider wildcard collaborators (not necessarily part of ur team) that has other perspectives
When to collaborate
- at the beginning
- not just at the beginning
- when you’re stuck (trouble shooting / problem solving) – narrow focus
- people (the right ones)
- sticky notes & market pens
- whiteboards/flip charts
- fun stuff (stimulus)
- sugar (if it’s afternoon)
- an objective
Freelance user experience consultant specialising in collaborative and guerilla user centred design and with a particular interest in designing for (and with!) communities.