Two reports, published by Jobvite, analyze the relationship between social media and recruitment, with special regards to the American job market.
- 55% of the companies surveyed plan to invest more resources in the next year for recruiting with social networks
- more than 80% of companies use LinkedIn, but just 30% of job seekers is in LinkedIn
- 89% of the U.S. companies surveyed indicated their willingness to use social networking as a tool for recruiting
- LinkedIn is confirmed, with 73% of usage, the largest social network in terms of recruitment, followed by Facebook (20%) and Twitter (7%)
- 2/3 of the companies surveyed have hired thanks to social networks
On the same topic there are two interesting infographics published by Mashable, the first with suggestions on how to protect and improve the professional online presence, the second presenting the results of a survey based on recruiters and the relationship with social networks.
And, speaking of statistics and surveys, I remind you that also this year A List Apart published one for anyone who works with the web. Starting from the results of a previews survey, in 2008 I tried to give an interpretation to better understand the role of the web project manager.